— Collecting and processing your personal data
By providing me with your data, you warrant to me that you are over 13 years of age.
Carolyn Gillan is the data controller and is responsible for your personal data (referred to as “I”, “me” or “my” in this privacy notice).
My full details are:
- Full name of legal entity: Carolyn Gillan
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address: Copse Road, Plymouth, PL7 1PZ
- Telephone number: 07747 723589
It is very important that the information I hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let me know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing me at email@example.com
2. What data do I collect about you?
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
I may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data may include your first name, maiden name, last name, username, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data may include your bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
- Technical Data may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
- Profile Data may include your username and password, purchases or orders, your interests, your partner’s and children’s names and ages, your preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data may include information about how you use my website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from me and your communication preferences.
I may also process Aggregated Data from your personal data but this data does not reveal your identity and as such in itself is not personal data. An example of this is where I process your personal data for statistical purposes, e.g. to evaluate the effectiveness of the therapy I offer. If I link the Aggregated Data with your personal data so that you can be identified from it, then it is treated as personal data.
- Health Data including information about any medical conditions for which you are seeking therapy and details of any medications you are taking.
- Race or ethnicity
- Religious or philosophical beliefs
- Sex life
- Sexual orientation
- Political opinions
- Trade union membership
- Criminal convictions and offences
Where I am required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide me with that data when requested, I may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide me with the requested data, I may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if I do, I will notify you at the time.
3. How I collect your personal data
I collect data about you through a variety of different methods including:
- Direct interactions: You may provide data by filling in forms on my site (or otherwise) or by communicating with me by post, phone, email or otherwise, including when you:
- order my products or services;
- subscribe to my newsletters;
- request resources or marketing be sent to you; or
- give me feedback.
4. How I use your personal data
I will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data are:
- Where I need to perform the contract between us.
- Where it is necessary for my legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where I need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, I do not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Purposes for processing your personal data
Set out below is a description of the ways I intend to use your personal data and the legal grounds on which I will process such data. I have also explained what my legitimate interests are where relevant. (Please read in landscape view on mobile devices.)
I may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground, depending on the specific purpose for which I am using your data. Please email me at email@example.com if you need details about the specific legal ground I am relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
Type of data
Lawful basis for processing
To register you as a new customer
Performance of a contract with you
To process and deliver your order including:
(a) Manage payments, fees and charges
(b) Collect and recover money owed to me
(e) Marketing and Communications
(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary for my legitimate interests to recover debts owed to me
To manage my relationship with you which will include:
(b) Asking you to leave a review or take a survey
(d) Marketing and Communications
(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
(c) Necessary for my legitimate interests to keep my records updated and to study how customers use my products/services
To enable you to complete a survey
(e) Marketing and Communications
(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary for my legitimate interests to study how customers use my products/services, to develop them and grow my business
To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you
Necessary for my legitimate interests to develop my products/services and grow my business
- requested information from me or purchased goods or services from me; or
- if you provided me with your details and ticked the box at the point of entry of your details for me to send you marketing communications; and
- in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
You can ask me or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving my marketing communications, this will not apply to personal data provided to me as a result of a product/service purchase, product/service experience or other transactions.
Change of purpose
If I need to use your personal data for a purpose unrelated to the purpose for which I collected the data, I will notify you and I will explain the legal ground of processing.
I may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
5. Disclosures of your personal data
I may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
I require all third parties to whom I transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. I only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with my instructions.
6. International Transfers
Many of my third parties service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever I transfer your personal data out of the EEA, I do my best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- I will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission; or
- Where I use certain service providers, I may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- Where I use providers based in the United States, I may transfer data to them if they are part of the EU-US Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
Please email me at email@example.com if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by me when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
7. Data security
I have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where I am legally required to do so.
8. Data retention
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, I consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which I process your personal data and whether I can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law I have to keep basic information about my customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes. I am also required by my supervisory bodies to keep your records safely and in good condition for 8 years from the date of your last visit with me. In some circumstances you can ask me to delete your data: see below for further information. In some circumstances I may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case I may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
9. Your legal rights
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, I may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, I may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
I may need to request specific information from you to help me confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. I may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
I try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take me longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, I will notify you and keep you updated.
10. Third-party links
This website does include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. I do not control these third-party websites and am not responsible for their privacy policies. When you leave my website, I encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit. I do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
What is a cookie?
A “cookie” is a small text file that websites often store on your computer’s hard drive or mobile device. Cookies can be used to record how you move your way around a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies stay on your device for a set period of time or until you delete them, while session cookies are deleted once you close your web browser.
1) This is a cookie usually associated with Quantcast, a digital advertising company. They provide website rankings, and the data they collect is also used for audience segmentation and targeted advertising.
2) This cookie is associated with Google Universal Analytics.
3) This cookie is associated with Google Universal Analytics.
4) Related to function of Soundcloud
5) This cookie allows users to embed files or other content onto the website.
6) This cookie stores the selected locale of the website.
1) Approx 1 year
2) Approx 2 years
3) Approx 1 day
4) Approx 6 months
5) Approx 10 years
6) Approx 6 months
Changing or checking what type of cookies you accept
If you want to check or change what types of cookies you accept, this can usually be altered within your browser settings. You can block cookies at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of a website. You can learn more about how to manage cookies here.