Counselling, Hypnotherapy & Supervision
with Carolyn Gillan
In-person and online therapy in Plymouth, Devon
As an experienced counsellor and hypnotherapist in Plymouth, I’ve been privileged to see hundreds of people transform their lives for the better. When people overcome their difficulties, they don’t just gain a happier, calmer mindset, they become more confident, more energised and more focused on the things that really matter to them. They become free to choose more of the life they want to lead. I believe the same is possible for you too. Using a gentle and effective approach, I’ll focus on what you want to achieve so that you can enjoy a more fulfilling and happier life.
BSc (Hons), AdvDipIntCouns, HPD, DHP SFBT (Hyp)
Counsellor · Hypnotherapist · Supervisor · Author · Lecturer
- Qualified and insured counsellor and hypnotherapist
- Registered and accredited member of the BACP
- Accredited member of the NCH
- Member of CNHC and AfSFH
- Practicing since 2007
- Experience of treating hundreds of people
- Specialist interest in obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), anxiety disorders and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Co-author and co-editor of The Art of Solution Focused Hypnotherapy: A Collection of Case Studies
- Author of a peer-reviewed article on group and self-help hypnotherapy for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) in the medical journal Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics
- Visiting lecturer on the Foundation Course in Solution Focused Therapy at the University of Plymouth
Common conditions I help with...
Counselling in Plymouth
I offer individual face-to-face counselling in Plymouth, Devon in a private and confidential setting. I’m trained in several evidence-based therapeutic approaches, including cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT). So not only will you benefit from the very best that these approaches have to offer, I’ll also tailor your therapy to suit you as an individual.
I use Zoom’s video-conferencing service to provide a safe and convenient way to offer online counselling or online hypnotherapy. Conversations via Zoom are encrypted so your privacy is protected.
Hypnotherapy in Plymouth
I offer clinical hypnotherapy in Plymouth, Devon to help with a range of problems such as overcoming anxiety, conquering unwanted habits and learning to live well with chronic medical conditions. I practice a model of hypnotherapy known as Solution Focused Hypnotherapy. It’s a modern approach that integrates psychotherapy, neuroscience and hypnosis.
Rewind Trauma Therapy
Rewind Trauma Therapy (RTT) is an evidence based treatment for trauma, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and phobias. Known as the ‘closure without disclosure’ therapy, it is a gentle approach that does not require any details of the trauma to be disclosed to the therapist. RTT is available both in-person at my practice in Plymouth, Devon and online via Zoom.
I offer one-to-one supervision for counsellors and hypnotherapists at my practice in Plymouth and online supervision via Zoom. Supervision gives therapists a chance to stand back and reflect on their professional practice to ensure they are working effectively, safely and ethically with their clients. Supervision is an ethical requirement for all counsellors and hypnotherapists.